How to Apply for a Marriage License
- The prospective applicants must appear together in person before a marriage license agent to apply for a marriage license. Proxies are not allowed.
- The prospective applicants should be prepared to provide the necessary proof of age and present any required written consents and approvals. All of the necessary documents should be obtained prior to applying for a marriage license.
- The prospective applicants must prepare an official application and file the application in person with the marriage license agent. The application may be completed online (see website below). The application will not be accepted if sent by either postal mail or e-mail.
- Upon approval, a marriage license is issued at the time the application is made.
- The marriage license fee is $60.00 (plus $5.00 portal administrative cost). The fee may be paid online or in-person at the time the application is submitted to a marriage license agent.
- The marriage license is good only in, but is valid throughout, the State of Hawaii.
- The marriage license expires 30 days from and including the date of issuance, after which it automatically becomes null and void.
To apply online for marriage:
The marriage license application form is available in PDF format:
Download marriage license application
The Adobe Acrobat Reader is free to download and install on your computer by clicking on the button: